- 1. breach, failure
- usage: a failure to perform some promised act or obligation
- 2. breach, opening, gap
- usage: an opening (especially a gap in a dike or fortification)
- 3. rupture, breach, break, severance, rift, falling out, separation, breakup, detachment
- usage: a personal or social separation (as between opposing factions); "they hoped to avoid a break in relations"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. transgress, offend, infract, violate, go against, breach, break, disrespect
- usage: act in disregard of laws, rules, contracts, or promises; "offend all laws of humanity"; "violate the basic laws or human civilization"; "break a law"; "break a promise"
- 2. gap, breach, open, open up
- usage: make an opening or gap in
All rights reserved.
See also: breach (Dictionary)