Synonyms of break out
- 1. break, breakout, jailbreak, gaolbreak, prisonbreak, prison-breaking, escape, flight
- usage: an escape from jail; "the breakout was carefully planned"
- 1. erupt, break out, begin, start
- usage: start abruptly; "After 1989, peace broke out in the former East Bloc"
- 2. break out, begin, start
- usage: begin suddenly and sometimes violently; "He broke out shouting"
- 3. break, break out, break away, escape, get away, break loose
- usage: move away or escape suddenly; "The horses broke from the stable"; "Three inmates broke jail"; "Nobody can break out--this prison is high security"
- 4. break out, unpack, take out
- usage: take from stowage in preparation for use
- 5. erupt, recrudesce, break out, trouble, ail, pain
- usage: become raw or open; "He broke out in hives"; "My skin breaks out when I eat strawberries"; "Such boils tend to recrudesce"
All rights reserved.