Synonyms of breaking away
- 1. breakaway, breaking away, secession, withdrawal
- usage: the act of breaking away or withdrawing from; "there was a breakaway by the discontented members"; "a breaking away from family and neighborhood"
- 2. breaking away, departure, going, going away, leaving
- usage: departing hastily
- 1. break, break out, break away, escape, get away, break loose
- usage: move away or escape suddenly; "The horses broke from the stable"; "Three inmates broke jail"; "Nobody can break out--this prison is high security"
- 2. chip, chip off, come off, break away, break off, separate, divide, part
- usage: break off (a piece from a whole); "Her tooth chipped"
- 3. break, break away, separate, part, split up, split, break, break up
- usage: interrupt a continued activity; "She had broken with the traditional patterns"
- 4. secede, splinter, break away, separate, part, split up, split, break, break up
- usage: withdraw from an organization or communion; "After the break up of the Soviet Union, many republics broke away"
- 5. scat, run, scarper, turn tail, lam, run away, hightail it, bunk, head for the hills, take to the woods, escape, fly the coop, break away, leave, go forth, go away
- usage: flee; take to one's heels; cut and run; "If you see this man, run!"; "The burglars escaped before the police showed up"
All rights reserved.