- 1. bream, freshwater bream, freshwater fish
- usage: flesh of various freshwater fishes of North America or of Europe
- 2. bream, sea bream, saltwater fish
- usage: flesh of any of various saltwater fishes of the family Sparidae or the family Bramidae
- 3. sea bream, bream, percoid fish, percoid, percoidean
- usage: any of numerous marine percoid fishes especially (but not exclusively) of the family Sparidae
- 4. freshwater bream, bream, sunfish, centrarchid
- usage: any of various usually edible freshwater percoid fishes having compressed bodies and shiny scales; especially (but not exclusively) of the genus Lepomis
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bream, clean, make clean
- usage: clean (a ship's bottom) with heat
All rights reserved.
See also: bream (Dictionary)