WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. breath, bodily process, body process, bodily function, activity
- usage: the process of taking in and expelling air during breathing; "he took a deep breath and dived into the pool"; "he was fighting to his last breath"
- 2. breath, air
- usage: the air that is inhaled and exhaled in respiration; "his sour breath offended her"
- 3. breath, breather, breathing place, breathing space, breathing spell, breathing time, respite, rest, relief, rest period
- usage: a short respite
- 4. hint, intimation, breath, suggestion, proposition, proffer
- usage: an indirect suggestion; "not a breath of scandal ever touched her"
- 5. breath, breeze, zephyr, gentle wind, air
- usage: a slight movement of the air; "there wasn't a breath of air in the room"
All rights reserved.
See also: breath (Dictionary)