- 1. brittle, toffee, toffy, candy, confect
- usage: caramelized sugar cooled in thin sheets
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. brittle, brickle, brickly, breakable (vs. unbreakable)
- usage: having little elasticity; hence easily cracked or fractured or snapped; "brittle bones"; "glass is brittle"; "`brickle' and `brickly' are dialectal"
- 2. brittle, coldhearted (vs. warmhearted)
- usage: lacking warmth and generosity of spirit; "a brittle and calculating woman"
- 3. brittle, unannealed, untempered (vs. tempered), unhardened
- usage: (of metal or glass) not annealed and consequently easily cracked or fractured
All rights reserved.
See also: brittle (Dictionary)