- 1. circular, handbill, bill, broadside, broadsheet, flier, flyer, throwaway, ad, advertisement, advertizement, advertising, advertizing, advert
- usage: an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution; "he mailed the circular to all subscribers"
- 2. tirade, philippic, broadside, denunciation, denouncement, declamation
- usage: a speech of violent denunciation
- 3. broadside, armament
- usage: all of the armament that is fired from one side of a warship
- 4. broadside, side
- usage: the whole side of a vessel from stem to stern; "the ship was broadside to the dock"
- 5. broadside, fire, firing
- usage: the simultaneous firing of all the armament on one side of a warship
- 1. broadside, hit, strike, impinge on, run into, collide with
- usage: collide with the broad side of; "her car broad-sided mine"
- 1. broadside, side(prenominal) (vs. top) (vs. bottom)
- usage: toward a full side; "a broadside attack"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. broadside
- usage: with a side facing an object; "the train hit the truck broadside"; "the wave caught the canoe broadside and capsized it"
All rights reserved.
See also: broadside (Dictionary)