- 1. broil, broiling, grilling, cooking, cookery, preparation
- usage: cooking by direct exposure to radiant heat (as over a fire or under a grill)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. broil, oven broil, grill
- usage: cook under a broiler; "broil fish"
- 2. broil, bake, heat, heat up
- usage: heat by a natural force; "The sun broils the valley in the summer"
- 3. bake, broil, be
- usage: be very hot, due to hot weather or exposure to the sun; "The town was broiling in the sun"; "the tourists were baking in the heat"
All rights reserved.
See also: broil (Dictionary)