Synonyms of broken down
- 1. break down, crush, change, alter, modify
- usage: make ineffective; "Martin Luther King tried to break down racial discrimination"
- 2. analyze, analyse, break down, dissect, take apart
- usage: make a mathematical, chemical, or grammatical analysis of; break down into components or essential features; "analyze a specimen"; "analyze a sentence"; "analyze a chemical compound"
- 3. break down, lose it, snap, act, behave, do
- usage: lose control of one's emotions; "When she heard that she had not passed the exam, she lost it completely"; "When her baby died, she snapped"
- 4. fail, go bad, give way, die, give out, conk out, go, break, break down, change
- usage: stop operating or functioning; "The engine finally went"; "The car died on the road"; "The bus we travelled in broke down on the way to town"; "The coffee maker broke"; "The engine failed on the way to town"; "her eyesight went after the accident"
- 5. crumble, crumple, tumble, break down, collapse, change integrity
- usage: fall apart; "the building crumbled after the explosion"; "Negotiations broke down"
- 6. break down, break, bust
- usage: cause to fall or collapse
- 7. decompose, break up, break down, separate
- usage: separate (substances) into constituent elements or parts
- 8. break down, collapse, suffer, sustain, have, get
- usage: collapse due to fatigue, an illness, or a sudden attack
- 1. bedraggled, broken-down, derelict, dilapidated, ramshackle, tatterdemalion, tumble-down, damaged (vs. undamaged)
- usage: in deplorable condition; "a street of bedraggled tenements"; "a broken-down fence"; "a ramshackle old pier"; "a tumble-down shack"
- 2. broken-down, unserviceable (vs. serviceable)
- usage: not in working order; "had to push the broken-down car"; "a broken-down tractor fit only for children to play on"
All rights reserved.