- 1. brood, animal group
- usage: the young of an animal cared for at one time
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. brood, dwell, worry, care
- usage: think moodily or anxiously about something
- 2. brood, hover, loom, bulk large, hang
- usage: hang over, as of something threatening, dark, or menacing; "The terrible vision brooded over her all day long"
- 3. sulk, pout, brood
- usage: be in a huff and display one's displeasure; "She is pouting because she didn't get what she wanted"
- 4. grizzle, brood, stew, sulk, pout, brood
- usage: be in a huff; be silent or sullen
- 5. brood, hatch, cover, incubate, reproduce, procreate, multiply
- usage: sit on (eggs); "Birds brood"; "The female covers the eggs"
All rights reserved.
See also: brood (Dictionary)