- 1. broom, cleaning implement, cleaning device, cleaning equipment
- usage: a cleaning implement for sweeping; bundle of straws or twigs attached to a long handle
- 2. broom, shrub, bush
- usage: any of various shrubs of the genera Cytisus or Genista or Spartium having long slender branches and racemes of yellow flowers
- 3. heather, ling, Scots heather, broom, Calluna vulgaris, heath
- usage: common Old World heath represented by many varieties; low evergreen grown widely in the northern hemisphere
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sweep, broom, wipe, pass over
- usage: sweep with a broom or as if with a broom; "Sweep the crumbs off the table"; "Sweep under the bed"
- 2. broom, finish
- usage: finish with a broom
All rights reserved.
See also: broom (Dictionary)