WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. brother, blood brother, male sibling
- usage: a male with the same parents as someone else; "my brother still lives with our parents"
- 2. brother, member, fellow member
- usage: a male person who is a fellow member (of a fraternity or religion or other group); "none of his brothers would betray him"
- 3. buddy, brother, chum, crony, pal, sidekick, friend
- usage: a close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities
- 4. brother, comrade, friend
- usage: used as a term of address for those male persons engaged in the same movement; "Greetings, comrade!"
- 5. Brother, monk, monastic
- usage: (Roman Catholic Church) a title given to a monk and used as form of address; "a Benedictine Brother"
All rights reserved.
See also: brother (Dictionary)