WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. brotherhood, kinship, family relationship, relationship
- usage: the kinship relation between a male offspring and the siblings
- 2. brotherhood, fraternity, sodality, class, stratum, social class, socio-economic class
- usage: people engaged in a particular occupation; "the medical fraternity"
- 3. brotherhood, friendliness
- usage: the feeling that men should treat one another like brothers
- 4. union, labor union, trade union, trades union, brotherhood, organization, organisation
- usage: an organization of employees formed to bargain with the employer; "you have to join the union in order to get a job"
All rights reserved.
See also: brotherhood (Dictionary)