- 1. bruise, contusion, injury, hurt, harm, trauma
- usage: an injury that doesn't break the skin but results in some discoloration
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bruise, contuse, injure, wound
- usage: injure the underlying soft tissue or bone of; "I bruised my knee"
- 2. hurt, wound, injure, bruise, offend, spite, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: hurt the feelings of; "She hurt me when she did not include me among her guests"; "This remark really bruised my ego"
- 3. bruise, crush
- usage: break up into small pieces for food preparation; "bruise the berries with a wooden spoon and strain them"
- 4. bruise, damage
- usage: damage (plant tissue) by abrasion or pressure; "The customer bruised the strawberries by squeezing them"
All rights reserved.
See also: bruise (Dictionary)