- 1. brush, rub
- usage: rub with a brush, or as if with a brush; "Johnson brushed the hairs from his jacket"
- 2. brush, touch
- usage: touch lightly and briefly; "He brushed the wall lightly"
- 3. brush, clean, make clean
- usage: clean with a brush; "She brushed the suit before hanging it back into the closet"
- 4. brush, sweep, move
- usage: sweep across or over; "Her long skirt brushed the floor"; "A gasp swept cross the audience"
- 5. brush, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove with or as if with a brush; "brush away the crumbs"; "brush the dust from the jacket"; "brush aside the objections"
- 6. brush, cover
- usage: cover by brushing; "brush the bread with melted butter"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. brushed, touched (vs. untouched)
- usage: touched lightly in passing; grazed against; "of all the people brushed against in a normal day on a city street I remember not a one"
- 2. brushed, groomed (vs. ungroomed)
- usage: (of hair or clothing) groomed with a brush; "with shining hair neatly brushed"; "the freshly brushed clothes hung in the closet"
- 3. brushed, fleecy, napped, soft (vs. hard)
- usage: (of fabrics) having soft nap produced by brushing; "a dress of brushed cotton"; "a fleecy lining"; "napped fabrics"
All rights reserved.
See also: brushed (Dictionary)