Synonyms of buckle
- 1. buckle, fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
- usage: fastener that fastens together two ends of a belt or strap; often has loose prong
- 2. warp, buckle, distorted shape, distortion
- usage: a shape distorted by twisting or folding
- 1. buckle, clasp, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: fasten with a buckle or buckles
- 2. buckle, crumple, collapse, fall in, cave in, give, give way, break, founder
- usage: fold or collapse; "His knees buckled"
- 3. heave, buckle, warp, change surface
- usage: bend out of shape, as under pressure or from heat; "The highway buckled during the heat wave"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of buckle (Dictionary)