- 1. peasant, provincial, bucolic, rustic
- usage: a country person
- 2. eclogue, bucolic, idyll, idyl, pastoral
- usage: a short poem descriptive of rural or pastoral life
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. arcadian, bucolic, pastoral, rural (vs. urban)
- usage: (used with regard to idealized country life) idyllically rustic; "a country life of arcadian contentment"; "a pleasant bucolic scene"; "charming in its pastoral setting"; "rustic tranquility"
- 2. bucolic, pastoral
- usage: relating to shepherds or herdsmen or devoted to raising sheep or cattle; "pastoral seminomadic people"; "pastoral land"; "a pastoral economy"
All rights reserved.
See also: bucolic (Dictionary)