- 1. American bison, American buffalo, buffalo, Bison bison, bison
- usage: large shaggy-haired brown bison of North American plains
- 2. Buffalo
- usage: a city on Lake Erie in western New York (near Niagara Falls)
- 3. buffalo, game
- usage: meat from an American bison
- 4. Old World buffalo, buffalo, bovid
- usage: any of several Old World animals resembling oxen including, e.g., water buffalo; Cape buffalo
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. buffalo, overawe, cow
- usage: intimidate or overawe
All rights reserved.
See also: buffalo (Dictionary)