- 1. buffet, counter, sideboard, furniture, piece of furniture, article of furniture
- usage: a piece of furniture that stands at the side of a dining room; has shelves and drawers
- 2. buffet, meal, repast
- usage: a meal set out on a buffet at which guests help themselves
- 3. snack bar, snack counter, buffet, bar
- usage: usually inexpensive bar
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. buffet, knock about, batter, strike
- usage: strike against forcefully; "Winds buffeted the tent"
- 2. buffet, buff, hit
- usage: strike, beat repeatedly; "The wind buffeted him"
All rights reserved.
See also: buffet (Dictionary)