- 1. physique, build, body-build, habitus, bodily property
- usage: constitution of the human body
- 2. human body, physical body, material body, soma, build, figure, physique, anatomy, shape, bod, chassis, frame, form, flesh, body, organic structure, physical structure
- usage: alternative names for the body of a human being; "Leonardo studied the human body"; "he has a strong physique"; "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. construct, build, make, make, create
- usage: make by combining materials and parts; "this little pig made his house out of straw"; "Some eccentric constructed an electric brassiere warmer"
- 2. build up, work up, build, progress, develop
- usage: form or accumulate steadily; "Resistance to the manager's plan built up quickly"; "Pressure is building up at the Indian-Pakistani border"
- 3. build, establish, make, create
- usage: build or establish something abstract; "build a reputation"
- 4. build, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: improve the cleansing action of; "build detergents"
- 5. build, oversee, supervise, superintend, manage
- usage: order, supervise, or finance the construction of; "The government is building new schools in this state"
- 6. build, develop
- usage: give form to, according to a plan; "build a modern nation"; "build a million-dollar business"
- 7. build, create
- usage: be engaged in building; "These architects build in interesting and new styles"
- 8. build, establish, base, ground, found
- usage: found or ground; "build a defense on nothing but the accused person's reputation"
- 9. build up, work up, build, ramp up, increase
- usage: bolster or strengthen; "We worked up courage"; "build up confidence"; "ramp up security in the airports"
- 10. build, intensify, deepen
- usage: develop and grow; "Suspense was building right from the beginning of the opera"
All rights reserved.
See also: build (Dictionary)