Synonyms of bump
- 1. bump, injury, hurt, harm, trauma
- usage: a lump on the body caused by a blow
- 2. bulge, bump, hump, swelling, gibbosity, gibbousness, jut, prominence, protuberance, protrusion, extrusion, excrescence, projection
- usage: something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings; "the gun in his pocket made an obvious bulge"; "the hump of a camel"; "he stood on the rocky prominence"; "the occipital protuberance was well developed"; "the bony excrescence between its horns"
- 3. blow, bump, impact
- usage: an impact (as from a collision); "the bump threw him off the bicycle"
- 1. bump, knock, hit, strike, impinge on, run into, collide with
- usage: knock against with force or violence; "My car bumped into the tree"
- 2. find, happen, chance, bump, encounter
- usage: come upon, as if by accident; meet with; "We find this idea in Plato"; "I happened upon the most wonderful bakery not very far from here"; "She chanced upon an interesting book in the bookstore the other day"
- 3. bump, dance, trip the light fantastic, trip the light fantastic toe
- usage: dance erotically or dance with the pelvis thrust forward; "bump and grind"
- 4. demote, bump, relegate, break, kick downstairs, delegate, designate, depute, assign
- usage: assign to a lower position; reduce in rank; "She was demoted because she always speaks up"; "He was broken down to Sergeant"
- 5. dislodge, bump, displace
- usage: remove or force from a position of dwelling previously occupied; "The new employee dislodged her by moving into her office space"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of bump (Dictionary)