Synonyms of bungling
- 1. botch, bodge, bumble, fumble, botch up, muff, blow, flub, screw up, ball up, spoil, muck up, bungle, fluff, bollix, bollix up, bollocks, bollocks up, bobble, mishandle, louse up, foul up, mess up, fuck up, fail, go wrong, miscarry
- usage: make a mess of, destroy or ruin; "I botched the dinner and we had to eat out"; "the pianist screwed up the difficult passage in the second movement"
- 2. bungle, act, behave, do
- usage: spoil by behaving clumsily or foolishly; "I bungled it!"
- 1. bungling, clumsy, fumbling, incompetent, unskilled (vs. skilled)
- usage: showing lack of skill or aptitude; "a bungling workman"; "did a clumsy job"; "his fumbling attempt to put up a shelf"
- 2. bumbling, bungling, butterfingered, ham-fisted, ham-handed, handless, heavy-handed, left-handed, maladroit (vs. adroit)
- usage: lacking physical movement skills, especially with the hands; "a bumbling mechanic"; "a bungling performance"; "ham-handed governmental interference"; "could scarcely empty a scuttle of ashes, so handless was the poor creature"- Mary H. Vorse
All rights reserved.