- 1. bunt, hit, hitting, striking
- usage: (baseball) the act of hitting a baseball lightly without swinging the bat
- 2. bunt, stinking smut, smut
- usage: disease of wheat characterized by replacement of the grains with greasy masses of smelly smut spores
- 3. bunt, stinking smut, Tilletia foetida, smut, smut fungus
- usage: similar to Tilletia caries
- 4. bunt, Tilletia caries, smut, smut fungus
- usage: fungus that destroys kernels of wheat by replacing them with greasy masses of smelly spores
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bunt, drag a bunt, hit
- usage: hit a ball in such a way so as to make it go a short distance
- 2. butt, bunt, strike
- usage: to strike, thrust or shove against; "He butted his sister out of the way"; "The goat butted the hiker with his horns"
All rights reserved.
See also: bunt (Dictionary)