Synonyms of burden
- 1. burden, load, encumbrance, incumbrance, onus, concern, worry, headache, vexation
- usage: an onerous or difficult concern; "the burden of responsibility"; "that's a load off my mind"
- 2. load, loading, burden, weight
- usage: weight to be borne or conveyed
- 3. effect, essence, burden, core, gist, meaning, significance, signification, import
- usage: the central meaning or theme of a speech or literary work
- 4. burden, idea, thought
- usage: the central idea that is expanded in a document or discourse
- 1. burden, burthen, weight, weight down, charge
- usage: weight down with a load
- 2. charge, saddle, burden, command, require
- usage: impose a task upon, assign a responsibility to; "He charged her with cleaning up all the files over the weekend"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of burden (Dictionary)