Synonyms of burke
- 1. Burke, Edmund Burke
- usage: British statesman famous for his oratory; pleaded the cause of the American colonists in British Parliament and defended the parliamentary system (1729-1797)
- 2. Burk, Martha Jane Burk, Burke, Martha Jane Burke, Calamity Jane
- usage: United States frontierswoman and legendary figure of the Wild West noted for her marksmanship (1852-1903)
- 1. burke, murder, slay, hit, dispatch, bump off, off, polish off, remove
- usage: murder without leaving a trace on the body
- 2. burke, suppress, stamp down, inhibit, subdue, conquer, curb
- usage: get rid of, silence, or suppress; "burke an issue"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of burke (Dictionary)