- 1. burl, wood
- usage: the wood cut from a tree burl or outgrowth; often used decoratively in veneer
- 2. burl, plant process, enation
- usage: a large rounded outgrowth on the trunk or branch of a tree
- 3. slub, knot, burl, roughness, raggedness
- usage: soft lump or unevenness in a yarn; either an imperfection or created by design
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. burl, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove the burls from cloth
All rights reserved.
See also: burl (Dictionary)