- 1. bus, autobus, coach, charabanc, double-decker, jitney, motorbus, motorcoach, omnibus, passenger vehicle, public transport
- usage: a vehicle carrying many passengers; used for public transport; "he always rode the bus to work"
- 2. bus topology, bus, topology, network topology
- usage: the topology of a network whose components are connected by a busbar
- 3. busbar, bus, conductor
- usage: an electrical conductor that makes a common connection between several circuits; "the busbar in this computer can transmit data either way between any two components of the system"
- 4. bus, jalopy, heap, car, auto, automobile, machine, motorcar, dysphemism
- usage: a car that is old and unreliable; "the fenders had fallen off that old bus"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bus, transport
- usage: send or move around by bus; "The children were bussed to school"
- 2. bus, ride
- usage: ride in a bus
- 3. bus, take away, take out
- usage: remove used dishes from the table in restaurants
All rights reserved.
See also: bus (Dictionary)