- 1. pantry, larder, buttery, storeroom, storage room, stowage
- usage: a small storeroom for storing foods or wines
- 2. buttery, teashop, teahouse, tearoom, tea parlor, tea parlour
- usage: a teashop where students in British universities can purchase light meals
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. buttery, fulsome, oily, oleaginous, smarmy, soapy, unctuous, insincere (vs. sincere)
- usage: unpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech; "buttery praise"; "gave him a fulsome introduction"; "an oily sycophantic press agent"; "oleaginous hypocrisy"; "smarmy self-importance"; "the unctuous Uriah Heep"; "soapy compliments"
- 2. buttery, fatty (vs. nonfat), fat
- usage: resembling or containing or spread with butter; "a rich buttery cake"
All rights reserved.
See also: buttery (Dictionary)