- 1. button, fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
- usage: a round fastener sewn to shirts and coats etc to fit through buttonholes
- 2. push button, push, button, switch, electric switch, electrical switch
- usage: an electrical switch operated by pressing; "the elevator was operated by push buttons"; "the push beside the bed operated a buzzer at the desk"
- 3. button, plant part, plant structure
- usage: any of various plant parts that resemble buttons
- 4. button, badge
- usage: a round flat badge displaying information and suitable for pinning onto a garment; "they passed out campaign buttons for their candidate"
- 5. clitoris, clit, button, erectile organ
- usage: a female sexual organ homologous to the penis
- 6. release, button, device
- usage: a device that when pressed will release part of a mechanism
- 7. button, artifact, artefact
- usage: any artifact that resembles a button
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. button, add
- usage: provide with buttons; "button a shirt"
- 2. button, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: fasten with buttons; "button the dress"
All rights reserved.
See also: button (Dictionary)