- 1. buzz, bombilation, bombination, sound
- usage: sound of rapid vibration; "the buzz of a bumble bee"
- 2. buzz, activity
- usage: a confusion of activity and gossip; "the buzz of excitement was so great that a formal denial was issued"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. buzz, bombinate, bombilate, sound, go
- usage: make a buzzing sound; "bees were buzzing around the hive"
- 2. buzz, fly, wing
- usage: fly low; "Planes buzzed the crowds in the square"
- 3. hum, buzz, seethe, be
- usage: be noisy with activity; "This office is buzzing with activity"
- 4. buzz, summon
- usage: call with a buzzer; "he buzzed the servant"
All rights reserved.
See also: buzz (Dictionary)