- 1. cable, cablegram, overseas telegram, telegram, wire
- usage: a telegram sent abroad
- 2. cable, line, transmission line, conductor
- usage: a conductor for transmitting electrical or optical signals or electric power
- 3. cable, rope
- usage: a very strong thick rope made of twisted hemp or steel wire
- 4. cable, cable length, cable's length, linear unit, linear measure
- usage: a nautical unit of depth
- 5. cable television, cable, television, telecasting, TV, video
- usage: television that is transmitted over cable directly to the receiver
- 6. cable, cable television, cable system, cable television service, television, television system
- usage: a television system that transmits over cables
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cable, telegraph, wire, telecommunicate
- usage: send cables, wires, or telegrams
- 2. cable, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: fasten with a cable; "cable trees"
All rights reserved.
See also: cable (Dictionary)