Synonyms of call for
- 1. request, bespeak, call for, quest, communicate, pass on, pass, pass along, put across
- usage: express the need or desire for; ask for; "She requested an extra bed in her room"; "She called for room service"
- 2. necessitate, ask, postulate, need, require, take, involve, call for, demand
- usage: require as useful, just, or proper; "It takes nerve to do what she did"; "success usually requires hard work"; "This job asks a lot of patience and skill"; "This position demands a lot of personal sacrifice"; "This dinner calls for a spectacular dessert"; "This intervention does not postulate a patient's consent"
- 3. invite, call for, request, bespeak, call for, quest
- usage: request the participation or presence of; "The organizers invite submissions of papers for the conference"
- 4. collect, pick up, gather up, call for, get, acquire
- usage: gather or collect; "You can get the results on Monday"; "She picked up the children at the day care center"; "They pick up our trash twice a week"
All rights reserved.