Synonyms of call out
- 1. call-out, challenge
- usage: a challenge to a fight or duel
- 1. exclaim, cry, cry out, outcry, call out, shout, express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give tongue to
- usage: utter aloud; often with surprise, horror, or joy; "`I won!' he exclaimed"; "`Help!' she cried"; "`I'm here,' the mother shouted when she saw her child looking lost"
- 2. call out, announce, denote
- usage: call out loudly, as of names or numbers
- 3. call out, challenge
- usage: challenge to a duel; "Aaron Burr called out Alexander Hamilton"
All rights reserved.