- 1. callous, cauterize, cauterise, inure, harden, indurate
- usage: make insensitive or callous; deaden feelings or morals
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. callous, indurate, pachydermatous, insensitive (vs. sensitive)
- usage: emotionally hardened; "a callous indifference to suffering"; "cold-blooded and indurate to public opinion"
- 2. calloused, callous, thickened, tough (vs. tender), toughened
- usage: having calluses; having skin made tough and thick through wear; "calloused skin"; "with a workman's callous hands"
All rights reserved.
See also: callous (Dictionary)