- 1. callosity, callus, hardening
- usage: an area of skin that is thick or hard from continual pressure or friction (as the sole of the foot)
- 2. callus, scar, cicatrix, cicatrice
- usage: bony tissue formed during the healing of a fractured bone
- 3. callus, plant process, enation
- usage: (botany) an isolated thickening of tissue, especially a stiff protuberance on the lip of an orchid
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. callus, harden, indurate
- usage: cause a callus to form on; "The long march had callused his feet"
- 2. callus, harden, indurate
- usage: form a callus or calluses; "His foot callused"
All rights reserved.
See also: callus (Dictionary)