- 1. canal, channel
- usage: (astronomy) an indistinct surface feature of Mars once thought to be a system of channels; they are now believed to be an optical illusion
- 2. duct, epithelial duct, canal, channel, passage, passageway
- usage: a bodily passage or tube lined with epithelial cells and conveying a secretion or other substance; "the tear duct was obstructed"; "the alimentary canal"; "poison is released through a channel in the snake's fangs"
- 3. canal, watercourse, waterway
- usage: long and narrow strip of water made for boats or for irrigation
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. canal, canalize, canalise, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide (a city) with a canal
All rights reserved.
See also: canal (Dictionary)