- 1. natural, cancel, musical notation
- usage: a notation cancelling a previous sharp or flat
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cancel, call off, scratch, scrub
- usage: postpone indefinitely or annul something that was scheduled; "Call off the engagement"; "cancel the dinner party"; "we had to scrub our vacation plans"; "scratch that meeting--the chair is ill"
- 2. cancel, offset, set off, balance, equilibrate, equilibrize, equilibrise
- usage: make up for; "His skills offset his opponent's superior strength"
- 3. cancel, strike down, declare, adjudge, hold
- usage: declare null and void; make ineffective; "Cancel the election results"; "strike down a law"
- 4. delete, cancel, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove or make invisible; "Please delete my name from your list"
- 5. cancel, invalidate, score, mark
- usage: make invalid for use; "cancel cheques or tickets"
All rights reserved.
See also: cancel (Dictionary)