- 1. canker, plant disease
- usage: a fungal disease of woody plants that causes localized damage to the bark
- 2. canker, canker sore, ulcer, ulceration
- usage: an ulceration (especially of the lips or lining of the mouth)
- 3. pestilence, canker, influence
- usage: a pernicious and malign influence that is hard to get rid of; "racism is a pestilence at the heart of the nation"; "according to him, I was the canker in their midst"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. canker, sicken, come down
- usage: become infected with a canker
- 2. canker, infect
- usage: infect with a canker
All rights reserved.
See also: canker (Dictionary)