- 1. cap, headdress, headgear
- usage: a tight-fitting headdress
- 2. cap, top, cover
- usage: a top (as for a bottle)
- 3. detonator, detonating device, cap, explosive device
- usage: a mechanical or electrical explosive device or a small amount of explosive; can be used to initiate the reaction of a disrupting explosive
- 4. cap, protective covering, protective cover, protection
- usage: something serving as a cover or protection
- 5. cap, pileus, plant part, plant structure
- usage: a fruiting structure resembling an umbrella or a cone that forms the top of a stalked fleshy fungus such as a mushroom
- 6. hood, cap, covering, natural covering, cover
- usage: a protective covering that is part of a plant
- 7. ceiling, roof, cap, control
- usage: an upper limit on what is allowed; "he put a ceiling on the number of women who worked for him"; "there was a roof on salaries"; "they established a cap for prices"
- 8. crown, crownwork, jacket, jacket crown, cap, dental appliance
- usage: (dentistry) dental appliance consisting of an artificial crown for a broken or decayed tooth; "tomorrow my dentist will fit me for a crown"
- 9. capital, chapiter, cap, top
- usage: the upper part of a column that supports the entablature
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cap, crest, lie
- usage: lie at the top of; "Snow capped the mountains"
- 2. cap, limit, circumscribe, confine
- usage: restrict the number or amount of; "We had to cap the number of people we can accept into our club"
All rights reserved.
See also: cap (Dictionary)