WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. carob, carob bean, algarroba bean, algarroba, locust bean, locust pod, bean
- usage: long pod containing small beans and sweetish edible pulp; used as animal feed and source of a chocolate substitute
- 2. carob, carob tree, carob bean tree, algarroba, Ceratonia siliqua, bean tree
- usage: evergreen Mediterranean tree with edible pods; the biblical carob
- 3. carob, carob powder, Saint-John's-bread, foodstuff, food product
- usage: powder from the ground seeds and pods of the carob tree; used as a chocolate substitute
All rights reserved.
See also: carob (Dictionary)