- 1. rug, carpet, carpeting, floor cover, floor covering, furnishing
- usage: floor covering consisting of a piece of thick heavy fabric (usually with nap or pile)
- 2. carpet, natural object
- usage: a natural object that resembles or suggests a carpet; "a carpet of flowers"; "the larvae of some moths spin a web that resembles a carpet"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. carpet, cover, spread over
- usage: form a carpet-like cover (over)
- 2. carpet, cover
- usage: cover completely, as if with a carpet; "flowers carpeted the meadows"
- 3. carpet, cover
- usage: cover with a carpet; "carpet the floors of the house"
All rights reserved.
See also: carpet (Dictionary)