WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. carrot, root
- usage: deep orange edible root of the cultivated carrot plant
- 2. carrot, cultivated carrot, Daucus carota sativa, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: perennial plant widely cultivated as an annual in many varieties for its long conical orange edible roots; temperate and tropical regions
- 3. carrot, root vegetable
- usage: orange root; important source of carotene
- 4. carrot, reward, reinforcement
- usage: promise of reward as in "carrot and stick"; "used the carrot of subsidized housing for the workers to get their vote";
All rights reserved.
See also: carrot (Dictionary)