- 1. cadmium, Cd, atomic number 48, metallic element, metal
- usage: a soft bluish-white ductile malleable toxic bivalent metallic element; occurs in association with zinc ores
- 2. candle, candela, cd, standard candle, luminous intensity unit, candlepower unit
- usage: the basic unit of luminous intensity adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites; equal to 1/60 of the luminous intensity per square centimeter of a black body radiating at the temperature of 2,046 degrees Kelvin
- 3. certificate of deposit, CD, debt instrument, obligation, certificate of indebtedness
- usage: a debt instrument issued by a bank; usually pays interest
- 4. compact disk, compact disc, CD, optical disk, optical disc, recording
- usage: a digitally encoded recording on an optical disk that is smaller than a phonograph record; played back by a laser
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. four hundred, 400, cd, cardinal (vs. ordinal)
- usage: being one hundred more than three hundred
All rights reserved.
See also: cd (Dictionary)