WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. observe, celebrate, keep
- usage: behave as expected during of holidays or rites; "Keep the commandments"; "celebrate Christmas"; "Observe Yom Kippur"
- 2. celebrate, fete, meet, get together
- usage: have a celebration; "They were feting the patriarch of the family"; "After the exam, the students were celebrating"
- 3. lionize, lionise, celebrate, respect, honor, honour, abide by, observe
- usage: assign great social importance to; "The film director was celebrated all over Hollywood"; "The tenor was lionized in Vienna"
All rights reserved.
See also: celebrate (Dictionary)