- 1. cement, concrete
- usage: concrete pavement is sometimes referred to as cement; "they stood on the grey cement beside the pool"
- 2. cement, building material
- usage: a building material that is a powder made of a mixture of calcined limestone and clay; used with water and sand or gravel to make concrete and mortar
- 3. cement, adhesive material, adhesive agent, adhesive
- usage: something that hardens to act as adhesive material
- 4. cement, filling, fill
- usage: any of various materials used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth
- 5. cementum, cement, solid body substance
- usage: a specialized bony substance covering the root of a tooth
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cement, bind
- usage: make fast as if with cement; "We cemented our friendship"
- 2. cement, coat, surface
- usage: cover or coat with cement
- 3. cement, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: bind or join with or as if with cement
All rights reserved.
See also: cement (Dictionary)