- 1. censor, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: someone who censures or condemns
- 2. censor, official, functionary
- usage: a person who is authorized to read publications or correspondence or to watch theatrical performances and suppress in whole or in part anything considered obscene or politically unacceptable
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ban, censor, outlaw, criminalize, criminalise, illegalize, illegalise
- usage: forbid the public distribution of ( a movie or a newspaper)
- 2. censor, measure, evaluate, valuate, assess, appraise, value
- usage: subject to political, religious, or moral censorship; "This magazine is censored by the government"
All rights reserved.
See also: censor (Dictionary)