Synonyms of centripetal
- 1. centripetal (vs. centrifugal), inward-developing, inward-moving
- usage: tending to move toward a center; "centripetal force"
- 2. centripetal, unifying(prenominal), centralizing(prenominal) (vs. decentralizing), centralising(prenominal)
- usage: tending to unify
- 3. centripetal, receptive, sensory(prenominal), afferent (vs. efferent)
- usage: of a nerve fiber or impulse originating outside and passing toward the central nervous system; "sensory neurons"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of centripetal (Dictionary)