- 1. certificate, certification, credential, credentials, document, written document, papers
- usage: a document attesting to the truth of certain stated facts
- 2. security, certificate, legal document, legal instrument, official document, instrument
- usage: a formal declaration that documents a fact of relevance to finance and investment; the holder has a right to receive interest or dividends; "he held several valuable securities"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. certificate, award, present
- usage: present someone with a certificate
- 2. certificate, authorize, authorise, pass, clear
- usage: authorize by certificate
All rights reserved.
See also: certificate (Dictionary)