- 1. californium, Cf, atomic number 98, metallic element, metal
- usage: a radioactive transuranic element; discovered by bombarding curium with alpha particles
- 2. cystic fibrosis, CF, fibrocystic disease of the pancreas, pancreatic fibrosis, mucoviscidosis, fibrosis, monogenic disorder, monogenic disease
- usage: the most common congenital disease; the child's lungs and intestines and pancreas become clogged with thick mucus; caused by defect in a single gene; no cure is known
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cf., cf
- usage: compare (used in texts to point the reader to another location in the text)
All rights reserved.
See also: cf (Dictionary)