WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chad, paper
- usage: a small piece of paper that is supposed to be removed when a hole is punched in a card or paper tape
- 2. Lake Chad, Chad
- usage: a lake in north central Africa; fed by the Shari river
- 3. Chad, Republic of Chad, Tchad
- usage: a landlocked desert republic in north-central Africa; was under French control until 1960
- 4. Chad, Chadic, Chadic language, Afroasiatic, Afro-Asiatic, Afroasiatic language, Afrasian, Afrasian language, Hamito-Semitic
- usage: a family of Afroasiatic tonal languages (mostly two tones) spoken in the regions west and south of Lake Chad in north central Africa
All rights reserved.
See also: chad (Dictionary)